Maruti Suzuki is determined to get a big share in the EV opportunity available in India; they want to have Leadership position in this segment too.
Lets Analyse few facts to draw some conclusion on this aspiration.
- Maruti Suzuki’s deep understanding of Indian consumers is a big plus point.
- Their study suggests that 80% of car buyers in India shop in the “lower than ₹10 lakhs” category.
And they believe that only way to sell more EVs is to offer affordable EV cars.
- By 2025 Maruti will pump in ₹10,400 Cr. to build an EV ecosystem in Gujarat.
- ₹3,100 Cr. will go into a new plant to manufacture the EVs. And ₹7,300 crores to manufacture electric batteries.
- However, Maruti Suzuki will need to devise a strategy to tackle the competition from Tata.
- Since Tata forayed into EVs quite early, they have first mover advantage.
- TATA also has an upper hand with R&D infra.
- It may not be very easy for Maruti to attain leadership position in EVs that sooner.
Well let’s wait and watch.